Your Guide to Car Service: Auto Electrical and Car Airconditioning Service
Date Posted:1 September 2020
When faced with a car dilemma, it’s time to visit your nearest car service provider.
The two primary services offered in a mobile car service are auto electrical services and car airconditioning services. Auto electrical service focuses on fixing the electrical system of your car, while the car airconditioning service provides repair for the air conditioning system of your home. To help you understand your vehicle, you must know how your electrical and car airconditioning system works and what services you’ll be needing to address any issue that arises from these systems.
Auto Electrical Services
How Does a Car Electrical System Work?
Your vehicle’s electrical system is a closed circuit with an independent power source, the car battery. It operates using only a small fraction of the power of a household circuit. The electrical system of your car can be divided into different systems. Here are the car electrical components you should be familiar about:
Ignition, Starting & Charging System
These are the components of your electrical system that are responsible for starting the engine and providing electricity in your car. In case you didn’t know, the ignition, starting, and charging system of your car are interconnected. If there’s a problem with one of these components, it can affect the other parts of your vehicle. For example, if the alternator of your car is defective and overcharging, it can damage the battery of your car. Be sure to have these components checked by an auto electrician.
Security & Central Locking System
This system of your car electrical allows the driver or the front passenger to concurrently lock and unlock the doors of a vehicle by simply pushing a button or flipping a switch. This system is responsible for all the locks in your car. Most cars manufactured today also have a system that allows them to control the lock of the boot or fuel door. It is also common for modern cars for the locks to be activated automatically once the car is put into gear or reaches a certain speed.
Interior & Exterior Lights
This part of your car’s electrical system is responsible for the lighting and signalling devices that are mounted or integrated to the front, rear, sides, and top of a vehicle. If one of these lights is not working, contact your auto electrician immediately.
Automotive Electronic Control System
Everything on your dashboard is running on electronics including ECU, TCM, ABS, SRS, TCS, ESC, PATS, and EFI/Fuel System. If you have this system checked regularly, you can enhance the safety and comfort to reduce fuel consumption and emissions.
Common Signs that Your Car’s Electrical System is Failing
Most modern cars are highly reliant on your car’s electrical system. The ignition, battery, and other electrical systems of your vehicle is responsible for many of the functionality of your car. If any of these begin to fail, you’ll start experiencing a variety of issues with your car. Here are some of the most common signs that your car may need auto electrical services:
- The engines won’t crank properly. If the engine of your car won’t start, it could mean that your battery, alternator, or some parts are experiencing some problems.
- You’re experiencing battery problems. If you think your battery is failing you, don’t replace it immediately. Be sure to have the electrical system checked because it might not be just the battery you’re having problems with.
- The lights are not functioning right. Your headlights, signalling, and brake lights are an essential part of your vehicle. If one of them is malfunctioning, it could be a sign that your car’s electrical system is failing.
- Your car fuse is blowing out. The fuse box is designed to prevent overvoltage and short-circuiting. If your car fuse is repeatedly blowing out, it may be a sign that there’s something wrong with the electrical system.
- You can smell burning plastic or electrical insulation. If you are currently experiencing this, stop driving your car immediately. This is a sure sign of a short circuit or malfunction of the electrical system.
Car Airconditioning Service
How Does a Car Airconditioning System Works?
Your car’s airconditioning system is the one responsible for providing cool air in your vehicle. Most people think that an aircon manufactures cold air, but what they didn’t know is that it just cools the air that’s already in your car. The car airconditioning system is divided into different components.
This is the heart of the airconditioning system. It compresses the refrigerant so it can turn into the gaseous state from its liquid state. Whenever you turn on your vehicle’s AC, it pumps the vaporized refrigerant to the condenser.
The condenser is responsible for turning the high temperature vaporized refrigerant from the compressor to cool air. The air that passes through the condenser removes the heat from the refrigerant, which cools down the air.
As the air from the cabin circulates through the car, the air is blown past the evaporator core and the heat is released. The air that only comes out of the AC vent is cold and dry air.
This component is responsible for preparing the refrigerant for its entry to the evaporator. It removes the moisture present from the refrigerant while acting as its reservoir.
The expansion valve is the component that allows the expansion of the high-pressure refrigerant coming from the receiver. Due to the expansion, the pressure is reduced.
Although not a component, the refrigerant is the life of the car airconditioning system. Without it, the heat wouldn’t be removed from the system and bring out the cool air in the vehicle.
Common Signs that Your Car’s Airconditioning System is Failing
Without your car airconditioning, it will be hard to drive during long summer days. You won’t be experiencing this if you will be attentive to the issues of your air conditioning system. Here some of the tell-tale signs your AC is failing:
- The airconditioning is not working. This is the most obvious sign. If you turn on your car, turn on the AC, and you get nothing out of it, or you’re getting warm or hot air, your AC system has a problem.
- You’re hearing weird noises coming from the air conditioner. When you start your AC, and you hear some rattling, banging, or other weird noises, it’s a sign that there’s an issue with the airconditioning system.
- You can smell something different coming out of your AC. The smell of your AC shouldn’t be unpleasant. If you smell something nasty coming out from your AC, go to the nearest car airconditioning service in Mackay to have it checked.
- There are water stains inside your vehicle. It is normal to see the water draining out from the bottom of the car. But if you see water stains instead, there could be a problem.
- Your AC is leaking. Leaks can lead to other serious issues. Be sure to have it checked if you see this.
DC Power Automotive Solutions
If you are looking for a car service, DC Power Automotive Solutions is the one for you. We offer car airconditioning services and auto electrical services. We also supply different car airconditioning parts and auto electrical parts. Book your appointment now!